Sunday, August 1, 2010

8/2/10

This is Klint writing. Today is my wife's birthday, so we're going to do some joyful moments about her.

- My wife is the most loyal person I know. She's what I think of as fiercely loyal to me and the kids. She usually doesn't think of herself until she knows we're okay, and I love her for it.

- My wife cracks me up. She isn't the type that has to try to be charming and funny all the time...usually she just listens but when you're not expecting it will bust out with something hilarious. I love that about her.

- My wife is my partner, and I don't mean this in the way the world means it - you know, like two people who decided to live with each other. She's my partner because she shares everything with me in our life, and I trust her with everything I've got.

- My wife is faithful. I sometimes wonder what she would have said if, when she was 19 years old, somebody had told her that she would someday call the arid paradise of West Texas home. But she came with me here and she has absolute faith that this is where we need to be. I think about what life would be like if I didn't have someone humble and spiritual enough want to stay here in Texas and it makes me all the more glad that I have her.

- Joyful moment of the day: When the kids and I do a birthday for someone in the family the family rule is that the person whose birthday it is doesn't do any work that day at all. Well, today we celebrated Tricia's birthday and even though it was her special day she invited someone who recently moved to Lubbock without their family to her special dinner and then she pitched in and helped me not make a total mess of dinner (really, who chooses to have shishkebabs for his wife's birthday dinner?). And she did it with a glad heart.

I am more than grateful that I have her.

No comments: