Monday, August 9, 2010

8/9/10

*Joyfully busy day. Not a moment of "what to do now". At all. It was awesome to have Klint home for an extra day. Life is so dang busy...I really enjoyed today with him.

*Hearing Matthew's reply when we told him Klint was staying home today, and I quote: "That is. the BEST. Surprise. EVER!!" Picture in your mind him jumping up and down on the bed while saying it. He loves his dad so much. It really doesn't take much to please him (or his siblings for that matter). All they crave is time with dad. Thanks Klint for making his day.

*Seeing Justin cry. Let me explain. After a fun filled day with Klint we ended it climbing the rock wall. We left to come home and Klint stayed to run group therapy. We came home to a very nutritious dinner of cold cereal (no really...think Life cereal and rice crispes). Justin was being extra helpful. Clearing and setting the table. Anything that needed to be done. I looked up at him and his eyes were red and teary. I asked him what was wrong and he broke down sobbing. Sobbing. He chocked out that he missed dad. It was so sincere and sweet. I love to see how much love the kids have for Klint and vice versa. sigh... I hugged him close and told him it was just fine to miss him. It meant he loved him, and love is a very good thing. I also let him know that that feeling would fade and he would see Dad tomorrow morning. My heart is full just thinking about it right now. We are. so. lucky. to have Klint. Blest beyond measure.

*Becoming a certified belayer (terminology?)!! We had to demonstrate that we could belay someone with out dropping and killing them. Driving over I was so nervous. I recognized the feeling, but only faintly. Then I realized it was the same feeling I got every time I took a poli sci exam back in college. I was ready for it....but still nervous. And then I realized I really liked the feeling. Let me explain (again). It meant I was doing something unusual. Out of my comfort zone. And that was what I liked. It felt really good. And I belayed for Klint. And I didn't drop him. And he didn't die. A great night.

No comments: