Thursday, August 26, 2010

8/25/2010

*Reading. I love to read. I reread a book I read a few years ago. My memory is horrible, so it was like I was reading it for the first time. Even the HUGE points in the book (like which main characters were killed) I had forgotten. It was delightful. Wonderful. But I'm mourning a bit now that it's done.

*laying in bed with Emily during her nap time. Closing my eyes, hearing her slowly suck her thumb and then feel her fingertips every so lightly caress my face. I opened my eyes to see nothing but her two smiling eyes right next to mine. I could tell she was smiling just by looking in her eyes, and then hearing her giggle confirmed it. aaaahhhh.

*Going out in the backyard after dinner and laying on the grass with Klint. Blessed cooler weather. Not going to last past today...but I'll love it while it's here.

*Seeing Matthew's face light up when he saw me come into his classroom with his pet rat for Show and Tell. He wasn't sure I was coming (I told him I was...but he still had his doubts). I loved being able to tell exactly what he was thinking just by the look on his face. I also saw love in his eyes. For me!! Definitely a joyful moment.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

What a minute...what the??!?! You have a BLOG??? I love your blog!! How come I didn't know you had one? My jaw is gaping. Now I get to read your wonderful Tricia thoughts whenever the heck I want...hooray!!!

I love your moment with Emily's nap. Yum.

And the name of the book (the only book I own) is "Reviving Ophelia."

See you at book group tomorrow.