* People remembering me on my birthday. I am loved and supported. That means everything to me.
*Seeing my kids doctor. Let me explain. Dr. Pendergrass is like a good friend. I love her. She knows all my kids almost as well as I do. She knows what they like and what they don't, she marvels at their growing up almost as much as I do. She lets me share in her twins growing up too. Her smile and laugh are infectious. Matthew had an ear infection today and it turned out to be an absolutely love visit with her...talking more about kids growing up, Disneyland and swimming than about the reason we came in. I question a lot of what doctors say (sorry Kyle..you're exempt from that statement!), but I completely trust my babies with her...that's joyful.
*Watching my three kids eating breakfast. Klint got them breakfast this morning (thank you), and I walked in to see all three of looking up at me. They exclaimed, "Happy real birthday mom!". I loved seeing Emily sitting at the head of the table. Just barely tall enough to see over it, but having both of her elbows propped on top , shoveling cereal into her mouth. Her red curls were bouncing in front of her eyes. I wish I would have had a camera with me.
*Going to bed, one year closer to 30. This may be a more forced joyful moment, but joyful in the fact that I've made it this far and have quite a bit to show for it. I. am. blest.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment