*Going to the elementary school to find out who the boys have as their teachers this year. Yes, I said boys, plural. Matthew is starting full day kindergarten in a week and a half. A week and a half!! But my joyful moment was being really excited for Matthew. I started to think about all the new, neat and exciting things he's going to be experiencing. And I was excited for him. I think I felt only a trace of sorrow that this stage of his life (home with me) is nearing an end. If I start to really think about it, that sorrow comes. But it's such a selfish sorrow because it's all about me missing him. At least it's a selfish sorrow born out of love? I am grateful though that the feeling of excitement is building and the sorrow is lessening a bit. Who knows what the first day will hold. But at least for today it was excitement. He's going to be awesome. And if he has those days where he's not feelin' so awesome, I'll be home anxiously awaiting to hug him close. It's joyful being a mom.
*Cleaning. What? Did I really just type that? but yep, cleaning was a joyful moment today. It was joyful because I did it with my boys and watched how hard they worked and what really good jobs they did. It was joyful because I felt cleaner inside (weird I know) after we were done and nearly the whole house sparkled. Joyful because I could see the reflection of the window on the living room floor. That hasn't happened for awhile :-)
*Having good friends Ray and Carrie (and boys) over for dinner and FHE. We haven't seen Ray for a few weeks, so it was nice to catch up. I'm glad we're friends.
*It's joyful having little refining moments. Quiet whisperings that try to teach me how to be better and how to change my thoughts so my actions will become what they need to be. As I sit here and type, I can so easily recognize those whisperings as the Holy Ghost. I want to share some of them...but I'm not sure I could put words to them yet. I'll have to ponder a bit longer. Reflection is a good thing. It helps me to see the Lords hand in my daily life and leads me to realize that I can guided day by day. And when I pause to reflect I am peacefully aware that I don't feel any guilt about the things I need to change or better. That's how I know it's a prompting.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment