It's here. The night before school starts....aaaahhh!! I've been dreading this night all summer. But it's here and it's nearly gone. Trying to think positive, I have much to have joy in.
*Father's blessing. wow. Definitely joy in the moment. Hearing my husband pronounce blessings on the heads of our children is incredible. Peaceful. joyful. I feel so much better about the boys going to school after hearing those blessings. It was a witness to me that not only does my Heavenly Father love and know my two sweet boys, he's also mindful of my heart. Nearly everything that I've worried about with the boys was addressed in the blessing. You may say that's because Klint and I talk alot and he knows what I'm concerned about, so he added it in his blessings. And yes I did share my worries and concerns with him (think every night this last week!), but there were a few concerns I kept inside, and those too were addressed. It reminds me in a very small way of the section in the Doctrine of Covenants when the Lords tells Oliver Cowdry to think back when to when the Lord confirmed the truthfulness to his heart. Something only Oliver could have know. The Lord is good.
*Transcribing the blessings, so the boys (and me) can have a copy of the blessing to look over throughout the year. The blessings were so specific. I feel joy that they will have a copy to ponder and gain comfort from throughout this year.
*Emily being Emily. Really...I just can't describe her. She brings me so much joy. At times so much frustration, but soo soo much joy.
*Feeling love for the sisters that surround me in my ward. One dear sister just moved to Hawaii (I know such a difficult move from Lubbock, Texas to Maui) and I felt such a lost. I wasn't particularly close to her, but I have grown so much from her comments, from her spirit and her service she was always so willing to offer. Then I go to church today and realize I feel that way about nearly everyone. I know it's a blessing from my Heavenly Father to help me in my calling. I feel the Spirit uplifting me and supporting me and teaching me to love everyone. Progression is joyful. Love is joyful. That's even a bit cheesy for me...but c'est la vive. :-)
*wow. wow....At this very moment...it'll probably change in 5 minutes..but at this very moment I feel excited for my boys to start tomorrow. I'm excited for them to experience new things, make new friends, influence those around them for good. I'm excited some one new gets to be Matthew's friend. He's a hoot and they will be darn lucky to know him :-) I'm excited that Justin's brain will expand more...he needs more than I can give him. I'm excited to think about the two brothers just a few hallways away from each other. I'm excited to think about all of us coming back together to eat together at dinner.
*One more joyful moment...something that Justin told me yesterday when we went on our traditional before-school-starts-lunch-date (although if you ask him it is NOT called a date..that's gross). I asked him a few questions. One of them was, "who's your best friend" He thought for only a minute and then said, "Matthew. Your brother should always be your best friend." Cha ching! pay back for the mama!!
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment