*Sitting on the couch (I had been there for only 5 minutes..bummer) when Emily opened her bedroom door, awake from her nap. Her puffy eyes and staggered walk as she came to me on the couch. She quietly got a library book out, and then in a raspy voice that only exists with the first speech after sleeping, she told me she was going to read to me. Her breathe was wonderful. Slightly stinky, but with just a hint of baby breathe smell to it. She climbed up on to the couch and read to me. Her story was funny and I wish I would have recorded it. I was, however, scolded when I laughed, because evidently it wasn't a funny story in Emily's eyes. I love her.
*Walking home from picking up the boys from school. I've decided to be a bit more healthy, so I'm going to try to walk to the school while the weather is good. This was a joyful moment for several reasons (1) I felt good I was doing something physical, something to make my body healthier and stronger...even if it was just walking to the school. (2) I got to hear waaay more about the boys day of school because it took us a little over 20 minutes to get home, instead of the 5 minutes it takes to drive. They were waaaay more chatty and I was able to listen more carefully instead of being focused on driving out of an elementary school zone (which is insane by the way.). (3) I saw several beautiful plants. And a beautiful, wild field. It was fun to imagine with the boys that there were rattle snakes, spiders and prairie dogs in there. They are probably right too. (4) Justin squeezed my hand several times to tell me he loved me. (4) Even though Matthew is a big and tough Kindergartener now, he still has time to pick up "treasures" along the way. He found two feathers, a big muddy puddle to splash in, one incredibly long and awesome looking stick, and a something that looked like a stick, but was really just bark. I was happy to see him collecting again. He is definitely my collector. (5) Justin couldn't read while he was walking, or find something else to keep his attention...so we chatted. This was quality time for me. Yes, it's alot harder to walk then to drive. But man, I reaped so many benefits from it today. I felt like a good mom. I felt joy in those moments.
*talking with my sweet sweet friend who's in green river. I love her. I love the influence she's had on me. I miss her. But it's joyful that the Lord sends incredible woman to me, to befriend me and to uplift me. I love that it can be weeks since I last talked to her, but that we can pick right up...as if she just left my house yesterday.
*Seeing pictures of my nephew's first birthday. Oh man!! He's so stinking cute and the pictures of the dolphins were incredible. I'm grateful that although family can be hundreds of miles away I can still feel close and know what's going on with them.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment