Friday, August 20, 2010

8/19/2010

*Eating a luscious chocolate cake that I didn't make (which means no dishes or clean up) on the floor with all my boys (sorry Emily...you had to go to bed).

*Meeting Justin's teacher and feeling her warmth. I feel that Justin will be safe and loved. I hope Matthew feels that way too.

*letting the boys choose what they wanted to do all day. And of all the things we could have done they chose to read...all day. We finished the first Harry Potter. Because I love books so much, it was joyful to see them enjoying it too.

*After crying nearly every day this week that my kids are going back to school I feel ok about it. It's what they need. It's a peaceful feeling. I know I'll probably still cry tonight, and Saturday, and Sunday, and surely on Monday...but I know it's the best decision. I now cry not because I worry about them (which I still do) but I cry for me...I'm just going to miss them so much. It's a different cry...a better cry. I guess I should let the world see what marvelous people they are too.

No comments: