Thursday, July 22, 2010

7/21/2010

*Spending quality time with Matthew. Definitely a joyful moment, but a tad bittersweet, because it makes me realize how much I am going to miss him next month when he goes to kindergarten.
while Justin was playing at a friends house, Matts and I read a book a chapter book about cowboys (he was enthralled), played two very fun games of UNO, ate lunch together, played outside a bit together, and just had a good time. While we were reading he snuggled right into me and was silent. He would occasionally pat my stomach or look up at me. I could have stayed there all day.

*Emily giving me a run for my money. Man she is stubborn and crazy busy. You might be wondering why this is a joyful moment, and not a pull-your-hair-out moment. Well, it's both. The latter for obvious reasons, but it's joyful because it's almost comical. I recognize the Lords hand in helping me be a better mom because by the end of the day I'm laughing at her antics and not pulling my hair out or worse. Maybe it's because I've experienced this with the first two and realize it to is only a small moment in my life and to find the joy. And maybe it's because it's absolutely insane and my defense mechanisms (this time) are causing me to laugh and not cry (which isn't always the case). For whatever reason she can be a tad difficult but she's mine. All mine and I loove looovvve lovvvveee her.

*Falling asleep slightly before 10:00 (reason why I'm writing this post today and not yesterday)

*Having Justin come home after being gone for 5 hours at a friends house. He's delightful. I was nearly giddy to see him again. Am I going to survive when they go back to school?!? How do I stop myself from smothering them when I pick them up? Something for me to ponder on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i too have to restrain myself from squeezing a little too hard. That's when you know something is really cute.

Hobbs Family said...

I am glad to know I'm not the only one who suffers from the grit my teeth and squeal a bit to not squeeze to hard syndrome. Sometimes when I say such things people look at me kind of weird. But I swear it's all out of love.