*Working until you're crying tired, but knowing you're doing it because you want to create memories not only for your kids but for yourself. We don't go camping much but I'm so excited to watch the boys. It was both on their "summer to-do lists".
*Laying in bed with Emily tonight. Reading a story to her and laying nose to nose giggling with her. Singing a song with Emily about a Young woman's worth. Loving that she sang along with me and knew some of the words. I hope it sticks with her.
*The boys did some extra chores today. Usually this is how it goes:
Boys: "Mom we're done"
Me: "Are you sure? Do you want to go and double check before I inspect?"
Boys:" Yeah" (they are gone for another 5-10 minutes, so it really wasn't done the first time :-) )
" Ok, we're done now. "
Me: "Are you sure? "
Boys: " Well, let's double check" (gone for only about a minute)
"Ok, we're ready for you to inspect"
Me: "Ok let's inspect."
I usually go with them, compliment the many wonderful things they've done and point out a few things that have been left behind. Funny enough it's usually something that's fairly good sized in the middle of the room :-). HOWEVER today they cleaned the WHOLE house and I only found a few things and I was super strict about looking or inspecting their work. Way to go Boys!!!
*Feeling the cooler air on my arm and shoulder as I drove to the store tonight with the window down.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment