*Watching Justin climb a 53 foot high rock wall. He's a mountain goat or spider monkey or something. He was ready to quit when he was 2/3 up the wall but decided to persevere and did it!!! I was so proud of him. It's really cool to watch your kids achieve difficult tasks. A TTU football player came down and saw Justin when he was nearing the top and was super impressed. After the big dude climbed the same wall Justin just scaled he said, "man that's crazy. I have so much more respect for dudes who climb mountains and stuff." Yep, my 7 year old did it. Sweet.
*As proud as I am of Justin I am equally as proud (if not just a teeny bit more) of Matthew. So often he lives in Justin's shadow. Being the middle can be tough (I know all about it!), but he rocked tonight! He was really nervous about climbing. He's never done anything like it before and was scared. He tried!! He really tried. Klint helped him a ways up and then he was done, but I was proud of him.
*Climbing the wall myself. Twice. My arms felt like jello, I couldn't even untie my rope by myself:-) But I really enjoyed it. I did it. I am pretty weak, but I did it. Klint and I are going to take a belaying class in a week. I think it will be fun to do it together and it feels really nice being active.
*Weeding with boys. They. are. awesome.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment