* Swimming...the essence of a good summer to me. Laying in a tube, with Matthew, letting my feet drag under me going around the lazy river. Closing my eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun on my face, hearing some catchy oldie music. content. sigh.
*Looking and listening to Emily. Subconsciously hearing the "noise" of the other swimmers around me, but really only hearing her. Her beautiful hair wet and slicked back. Her big blue eyes searching into mine to make sure she has my undivided attention. Seeing and feeling of her innocence and joy. And those cute little freckles.
*looking over into the next pool where Justin was swimming laps (all by himself, without a kick board or flippers!). Seeing Klint (who was sitting at the end of the pool, walk over to the water, say something to Justin and then get into the water and swim out to him. Evidently Justin just got too tired and had to stop and couldn't get back. His dad very lovingly went out and helped him back to the side. It was beautiful. I was so glad I got to witness it, but not be a part of it. Does that make sense? And as I'm typing it I realize the wonderful parallels that can be drawn from an eternal perspective. Justin wasn't drowing, but he was tired. He wasn't desperate, but he needed help. He asked and of course his father willingly and lovingly helped him.
*having two friends over to play with Matthew. They played 3 hours and didn't ask for a single thing (wait..they asked for a snack once). I didn't hear a single argument, just imagination and giggles. Cooking with Justin uninterrupted and realizing what a great little cook he is!
*our mickey mouse cake pops may have failed, but they still tasted good. feeling ok about myself and not taking the failure personal. sweet.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment