Thursday, July 15, 2010

7/15/10

* Reading this morning, I casually grabbed the Ensign, fully intending to read from the Index of the Book of Mormon again. However I glanced down at the cover of the Ensign and saw this article's title: Slowing Down and putting God First p. 29. I have been feeling overwhelmed, a bit burned out. I don't seem to have the patience I want, or the love. I read this article and it was literally a God send. As I read very quiet thoughts entered into my mind, "For today you need to simplify. You need to spend the whole day with the kids to more fully appreciate and love them." I did just that. I didn't complete any house cleaning, any garage cleaning, nothing of the sort. I played with my kids. And it refreshed me. I am such a better mom today than I was yesterday. So what I need to pray about now is how to balance housewife and mom. Especially when my two boys will be gone to school in just a month a half! Pray for me.

*Emily painting my toenails. I want to remember that one forever.

*Emily was trying to be helpful and put the blueberries on the conveyor belt at the grocery store. Well, really more like throwing the berries... the package opened and spilled out all over. Instead of getting frustrated (like I have been) I smiled and told her thank you for trying to help. She responded (a little shocked I didn't get mad I think) "Mama I'm just having a hard day. I spilled the berries." I'm so glad I didn't get angry, she has such a tender heart. I felt the Lords hand helping me in my decision to be a mom at that moment.

*Matthew's mischievous laugh and twinkle in his eye as he tried to spray everyone with the garden hose this evening. He has such a fun loving spirit.

No comments: