Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9/2/2010

*Emily and Matthew have a very special bond. They are hilarious to watch. Emily looks up to him the same way Matthew looks up to Justin. Tonight at the dinner table was further evidence. Everyone, for one reason for another, were in very giggly moods. It seemed like Matthew and Emily were sharing some sort of a inside joke or something. In between bursts of laughter Emily belched loudly. Her face turned red from laughing so hard. Klint and I just looked at each other and couldn't help but to chuckle ourselves (trust me, it was inevitable). After we contained ourselves Klint (very firmly...hahaha!) asked Emily "what do you say?" Through her laughter she spat out "excuse me" and kept on laughing. Later she threw a piece of corn (seriously? I have no idea where manners went today) at Klint. We told her that was unacceptable. We kept our straight faces on and said, "see no one is laughing." She looked right at Matthew (who had to pick up his glass and laugh into his milk so Emily wouldn't see him) and said, "Laugh at me Mattmoo." And that sweet boy did his very best not to crack a smile. Maybe I should have gotten more upset, but I don't think so. It was nice to laugh and to see them laugh and get along together.

* Klint. Him just being him. He's my joyful moment

*Sitting on the grass with a breeze blowing in my face. aaahhh...do I dare hope that fall may be coming? It felt...wonderful

*
having clean blinds in the kitchen. Yes, I find joy in that. It took a ridiculous amount of time to clean them, and now I don't have to divert my eyes and I can look out my window whenever I so feel like it. The best part was listening to Emily while I cleaned them. She was adamantly telling me she was not grumpy or being whiny.....all exclaimed in a very whiny voice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kyle and I both laughed pretty hard at the story about Emily. It's kinda sad that we don't really know her, but we love hearing her stories. She sounds like a little "fire cracker"