* I sewed!! I made a cute skirt for Emily. A sweet, sweet lady offered to help me make one for her. She was so patient, kind and showed confidence in me that I didn't have in myself. I felt victorious! I tried something new, something I've always considered myself to be very bad at (my own mom told me in HS that I had talents in other areas, and should work on those instead), and succeeded! It made me feel like a million bucks. Will I become a seamstress and begin making all the clothes my children will wear...not in a million years. But I feel like I learned something new and gained a little confidence in myself. I can do hard things. Thanks Melodie.
*Emily falling asleep in 3 minutes flat. Out cold. A completely different night than last night :-) She looked so innocent and precious and pure clutching her monkey, thumb hanging out of her mouth, eyes peacefully closed.
*Justin coming home. He went home with a friend from school/church today. I didn't see him until 5:30. I missed him. When he came into the house I raised my hands in the air and joyfully (and very sincerely) yelled "he's home! Whooooohhh!!" Justin smiled from ear to ear and came and gave me a tight hug and sloppy kiss. I really missed him and I was happy I missed him because that means I love him.
*Matthew had a friend over to play. They played together for two hours. I walked in on castle building, train track constructing, baseball playing, laughing, and Matthew trying to teach Nathan how to tie his shoes. It was perfect boy time, perfect childhood.
* I find joy in my children. Real joy...not fleeting happiness. I am so glad I am a mother and get to rediscover childhood with each of my children. Some days I end completely exhausted and feel joy that I made it. But today I feel like a took a looong drink of cold water.
*Matthew can tie his shoes!!!!!! He did it for his class today for show and tell. He proudly told me how Mrs. Kaufman said that's the best show and tell she's seen this year. :-)
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment