*Laughing. Unfortunately it was at the expense of my youngest. It was over an hour after we put her to bed. She came in...sniffling. She sat on my lap while I sat on the floor and began to plead with me to let her "just play for a few minutes." I told her no...so she moved to the food requests "Can I have just one little cracker?" No Emily, you can't because you refused to eat your dinner remember. Would you like a little sip of milk or some more of your dinner? [the sniffling has nearly turned to wailing] "nooooo....mama will you turn the light on in my bedroom so I can play for a few minutes?" This bartering went on for a good 5 minutes. Klint even got the video camera out. I started laughing at one point, and Emily, looking wounded to her soul, scolded me "mama don't laugh." why not Emily? "because I'm saaaaaad." Should I cry then? " Nooooo I want yoooou to be happy" but evidently not happy enough to laugh. After a story and a song I told her it was time to go back to her room. She replied, "mama say, ok fine I'll turn the light in your bedroom on." I told her no (again) and began walking back to her room. She was grasping at straws... "no...umm...just..." but she was out of ideas. It was very sad to lay her down in her bed in near hysterics, but I couldn't help to do it with a smile on my face. Emily you are my joy. You make me happy. You are such your very own little soul and I love every inch of you.
*Joyful studying this morning. I love putting the essential things first and letting the rest fall into place, or out of my life. I'm grateful I have help figuring out what the "essentials" are.
*Matthew telling me he really missed me today and that it made for "kind of a hard day" Matthew I love you. I love every inch of you.
*Justin unceasingly helping out. Most of the time without being asked, and when I do ask, never a murmur. Do you know how much I love you? I love every inch of you. Every inch.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment