I need these joyful moments. This is the last thing I want to be doing right now (ok correction, cleaning my bedroom is the last thing, this is the second to last thing). But I know it's make a difference in my attitude and my life. I'm plum worn out. Props to all the single moms (that includes moms who's husbands are doing their residency) that do this day in and day out. Mondays are hard days. Nevertheless we continue on right?
* Holding Emily's little hand and going for a walk tonight. The weather was wonderful, only about 80 instead of the 99 we've had for the last few weeks. She held my hand all the way to the end of the cul-de-sac, well just my two fingers, but I think I loved that even more. My favorite part of the walk was crossing the street and there was a puddle. She was so excited to splash in it. I wish I still got so excited over splashing. Don't get me wrong, every now and then I love to splash, but I overlook so many puddles this days...
*Kissing Klint in the parking lot of the dentist. We got some strange looks from a big ole lady. Klint's sure it's because he looks "old" (his words not mine) and I still look like a teenager. But I did notice I'm starting to get wrinkles on my feet and hands. When did I not become 21 anymore?
*Reading in the morning. It's been a very hard goal, but the Lord is really carrying me on this one and it feels good, oh so good to accomplish something difficult. You know, other than that mothering thing I've been doing the last 7+ years!!
*sitting at my computer trying to think about my last joyful moment and realizing how much I really do love my kids. Even on hard nights like tonight. I love looking at Justin's freckled nose and wide goofy grin. I love Matthew snuggling up to me and wanting acceptance and love more than anything else (and his gun to be a real live one). Emily whining about me saying no and in mid-whine stopping and starting to dance because she heard a song on NPR she liked. I love these kids. I love that although I may have fallen short tonight I have the incredible blessing of waking up and trying again tomorrow.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment