Thursday, June 24, 2010

6/24/10

* Sitting in the backyard at 8:30 in the morning. Pulling weeds out from the grass. Had this conversation with Matthew.
M: Mom, I love the weeds.
Me: You do? Why do you love the weeds Matts?
M: well, you know in the bible it says to love your enemies. Weeds are definitely our
enemies. So I love them.
wow.

*Justin reading all day long. Seriously all day. It was wonderful to have Luke playing with Matthew or he would have gone crazy. Justin finished the 2nd Harry Potter in just over a day. I loved this because that's what I like to do when I find a good book. Ignore everything else until I finish. I felt a connection with him today.

*Eating dinner with great friends. Friends that I feel comfortable enough around to go over with my hair pulled back, hardly any makeup and a dirty shirt on. And not feeling uncomfortable about it at all. I love them. I hope they stay in Lubbock. They are wonderful examples to me of faith, and an honest desire to please our Heavenly Father. I am happy when I am around them.

*Scheming with my sister. I like scheming, especially when I think of my kids' faces when they find out about it.

* laying in my bed after a busy day. It makes me happy too.

No comments: