Saturday, June 26, 2010

6/25/10

*Watching all three of my kids splash and play in the swimming pool. Such a stark contrast from last summer. Emily refused to show daddy her tricks she learned in her swim class. But Matthew and Justin were happy to oblige. It was a hot beautiful day. Perfect for swimming. I loved every minute of the 2 + hours we were there.

*Justin going off the diving board. He loves it. But he's always really timid once he gets onto the board. He slowly walks to the very edge. Does this tiny bouncing thing, where it doesn't even jiggle the board, looks like he's going to jump off, then waits. He goes through this process about 2/3 times before he actually jumps off. And when he does do it, it's such a gentle jump. Like he doesn't want to disturb the water too much, or he wants to make his fall shorter. BUT my joyful moment was watching him find his stride. After the third or fourth time of going off the board he ran down to the edge and did a full jump!! No stopping, no waiting! Klint and I were high fiving each other. I was so excited for him. Then he did a front FLIP off the board! Where this all came from I have no idea! For his next dive he tried an actual dive that he was learning in his class. It was followed by a few belly flops, but no more fear. Awesomeness.

*Matthew wanting to swim to me. And then telling me to go further back. Again..Again. This is coming from the kid who didn't even like to put his face in the water last summer! AWESOME!

*Meeting a few really nice women who need sponsors to get into the pool. They were fantastic and I wish them all the luck in the world tomorrow at the triathlon! Go Angie and Pam!!

No comments: