Friday, September 14, 2007

Meme


As most of you know Matthew has one sure aid to get him to sleep----his binky. He even has an affectionate name for it--meme, and a song he made up that he sings about it every night. He only uses it at naps and night time, but that ends up being more than half the day! Last night it was bed time, we went through the normal routine, pinned his binky on and sent him to slumber land. However the boys were a little wound up last night and after an hour of not sleeping Matthew came out and handed us his binky. That's it. He decided he's too much of a big boy, and now that he's going to be a big brother he's decided he doesn't need to rely on it anymore.

Last night was a hard night he didn't fall asleep until 11:00! (Normally he's out by 8:00) But he didn't ask or want his binky once. In fact the first thing he talked about when he woke up this morning was that he was a big boy who didn't need a binky anymore. If any of you have kids who use pacifiers you will know what an astonishing event this was. We thought it would be tooth and nails to get it away from him, but as with so many other things he surprised us again! Now, I'm not being too naive, I don't think the battle is won yet but I happy to see the tide turning that way ;-)

1 comment:

Lani said...

Holy cow! I've never heard anything like it! Way to score! ;-) You're kids astonish me... I love 'em!