Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7/13/11

What a wonderful, wonderful day.
*Spending last night with Klint in the temple..oh the peaceful, wonderful temple. Having a lovely young woman watch my children and refusing payment for her services. That was fantastic.

*Spending two and a half hours with Klint at various doctors appointments. It was so fun. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. I love that man, and I love spending time with him. Even if it's spent in doctors' waiting rooms and conference rooms.

*In the midst of a gut rattling laugh, Dr. Atkinson (our high risk specialist) and Jody (the nurse) came walking into the conference room. I'm pretty sure they thought I was sobbing (which they must be used to given their line of work) and looked a bit panicked. Klint quickly (much more quicker than I did) composed himself and told them I was just having a little snack (?) (which evidently was laced with laughing gas). They kind of chuckled and we went on with our appointment. Dr. Atkinson is such a kind, kind man. I'm very happy he's our doctor. I wish I didn't have to know him, but I'm glad he's the one talking care of us. The appointment was quick and positive. Nothing new (negative) to report, which was really nice. It's actually the first appointment in over two months where he hasn't found something else distrubing. It just continues to be a waiting game for us. BUT I loved laughing with Klint. We tried to plan out where to put the gigantic crib we bought for Cole at the beginning of the pregnancy. Klint thought my modest remodeling suggestions (simply knocking out half of a wall and redoing a bedroom closet...that's all) was hilarious and little out of nowhere (it was). I thought it was (and still is) very plausible :-) We've both been avoiding this conversation, worrying it might jinks us somehow. But it felt really good to make some plans, some normal pregnancy plans. Overall I felt that I was given a date with the man of my dreams, instead of just more doctors appointments.

*Thank you so much Kellie for watching my kids (so early in the morning!) and allowing this morning to be as stress free (and fun) as possible.

*The blistering, hot, unforgivable Texas Summer Sun was behind clouds most of the day today. It made all the difference. Although it was 100 degrees, it was very doable. We even went for a family bike ride tonight, which was heavenly. The kids went to bed much later than they normally do, but it all felt soo good.

No comments: