*Free slurpees at 7-11. Perfectly refreshing and perfectly sized. Loved it.
*Digging in the dirt. Getting weeds and grass by the roots. Working so hard and getting results. I feel I don't have control over so much of my life. Learning to worry only about today and not the future is very difficult for me. But weeding. I can control the weeds. I can dig and dig and work and work until the ground is beautiful again. I liked that today. I also liked that I did it early so it was only 85 instead of 100 degrees.
*Saying yes to my kids. I wasn't nearly the ogre I have been. It felt nice. I really should do it more often.
*Realizing that in only two short days I get to see Baby Cole on ultrasound again and hopefully get some more info. I dream about getting some solid information...but I know it's just that...dreaming....refer back to joyful moment #2 for my control issues.
*laying down and resting in the afternoon. And well, let's be honest, in the morning too. I am grateful though that I don't have guilt associated with it anymore. Here's how my day goes, I get up read (some days I happen to sleep through that part...), make breakfast, eat breakfast, some lucky days pack husbando a lunch, morning prayers, and then I'm completely exhausted and lay back down for about 30 -40 minutes. My kiddos are so fantastic. They either come in and lay with me or play by themselves. I am so lucky. Get back up do some chores, errands, story reading, outside time, make lunch, eat lunch, read Emily a book, set Wii timer for boys, drag myself back to my room, lay down for another hour to an hour and a half. Get up play, make dinner, eat dinner, clean up (sometimes), baths, scriptures, medicine, story time, prayers, bedtime. For all of us. Klint and I usually spend the rest of night in bed chatting, or watching a movie. I love him. I love that he encourages me to take it easy and that I never feel that I have to explain myself or my resting schedule. Life is kind of tough right now, but I am oh so blest.
Monday, July 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment