Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12/1/10

I need my joyful moments more today than about any other day in recent history. Why do we have those days where if one thing, or maybe two things go wrong it seems to snowball, and tonight I feel a bit like an avalanche is coming. But thankfully (joyfully) I have this blog in places which forces me to think of the positive things, at least four of them that is. And sometimes (I'm still not sure today is one of them) the same effect with positive events can happen that sometimes happens when things go wrong. Is that clear as mud? It makes sense in my head...which isn't saying much because it feel pretty mushy up there tonight.

*Taking it slow today. Really slow. Only accomplishing a few things: loading and running two loads of dishes (we had eight people at dinner last night), ordering pizza (to everyone's delight) for dinner tonight, volunteering at the book fair today, and sweeping up a mess I made on the floor. That's pretty much it. Those days are ok every once and awhile.

*Sitting with Emily on the floor and really looking in her face, watching her eyes smile every bit as much as her mouth does. Loving her. She is such a funny funny lady.

*Klint holding me in his arms today when he got home from work. Letting me sob into his chest, and having him hold me as long as I needed. Knowing I could count on him to pick up my slack tonight. I love him.

*going to bed ridiculously early tonight..like in 30-45 minutes.

1 comment:

Lani said...

Hugs, my friend. Oh how I know how those days go. So glad you have Klint to hold you.