*Discussing with a lady not of my faith about her decision to be a stay at home mom to her two sons (who are now 25 & 22). She's back in the work field now but says (and I believe) that she doesn't regret a single day of her decision to stay at home. That their lives just go to quickly and she was so glad she was there at home for it. It was nice to hear someone else say what I feel so strongly. I don't regret it. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. This is my dream job. I. am. so. lucky.
But I have to say that it's not just luck. It's taken sacrifice, not just sacrifice of my sanity at times :-) but sacrifice to not have the biggest and the best...sacrifice on my husband's part who works 2 sometimes three jobs so I can stay home. Wow. Blest is a much better word. I know there are many who don't and can't do this but for me and my family (that's all I'm ever able to talk about) it's exactly right for us.
*Retelling my woes about my back over the last 9+ years to a close friend. while I was telling her the whole story I couldn't help but want to shout! Holy cow I am blest!! Thinking back over the last 9 years and all the blessings and miracles that have happened make me want pray in gratitude. The Lord is oh so good to me. I should remember that more often.
*Going to the Hob Lob (Hobby Lobby) for over an hour and not having my boys complain or murmur ONCE!! It possibly could have something to do with the fact I bribed them with a Sonic Slush before we went...but I think they are incredible! Two elderly ladies even noticed how wonderful they were behaving and commented on it. I love West Texas. Especially elderly people who have lived her all their live. Many a day they have brightened my day by the praises they give my children everywhere we go. But I digress....Justin even said before we went to the checkout line, "Are you sure there's nothing else you need to get?" Are you kidding?!?! I try to avoid going to the Hob Lob if I have kids with me at all costs, but I had to go yesterday. What a pleasant pleasant surprise :-)
*Justin and Matthew decided that they wanted to take the money we would have spent going to Krispy Creme for Family Home Evening treat, and put it in our service boot. They have the real spirit of Christmas.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment