Grandpa Ready passed away this weekend. I'm not quite sure what to say, other than we wish (that sounds trite) we could have been there. Living far from family can be difficult at times, but sometimes it just aches. Times like these. We love you Ready family and want you to know that although we may not be there, our thoughts are continually with you.
Maybe it's the season, maybe it's our thanksgiving tree (which is larger than it's every been before...and we're loving it!), but my heart is FULL of gratitude today. And it's not the hilarious things my kids says (Although Emily had a few doozies today ie: E: Mama can I have this fruit rollup? M: no Emily. E: because....[waiting for me to fill in the blank] ) it's the simple things I've felt joy in.
Like:
*A home. A warm, wonderful home. A place I'm happy to be all day long. A place that's been ours for only a year, but it already so full of wonderful memories. A place that has space. I'm so grateful we have the room that when family comes to stay, they can stay with us comfortably (I think so anyway). I'm so excited (that's not the right word, it feels much deeper than 'excited') for Shannon and Stan and maybe (cross your fingers) Grandma Ready to come spend Thanksgiving with us. And that they will all have a bed to sleep in...that is joyful.
*Some of the trees in Lubbock are finally turning colors. Mind you, it pales in comparison to Logan, Utah...walking down the steps of Old Main Hill...aaahhh.... BUT there is a tree across the street that is a sapling that is absolutely red. It's beautiful. Albeit small, but beautiful and I'll take what I can get and find joy in it. Instead of dwelling on not having the towering, hundred year old trees lining the streets and the roads leading up the canyons. I'll take my little red maple and love it.
*Planning Thanksgiving dinner. I love food, I love holidays. I love making memories and traditions. And I love that I started planning a month ahead instead of the week before. I'm making progress.
*my sweet sweet friends who have brought me dinner. Even though my back isn't that bad right now, they still brought it. And it was delicious. happy. content. sigh.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment