Monday, April 4, 2011

4/4/2011

It's been a rough few months. Ever since we found out I'm pregnant, many challenges have come up. But there's always a silver lining. I'm nearly 11 weeks and have already had three ultrasounds!
*Grateful for priesthood blessings. With each new hiccup(and it's almost comical how many have risen) I have peace. Peace because at the very beginning I was given a priesthood blessing that promised me things would turn out ok, but that I had to choose faith during this pregnancy. That told me right away that this might not be easy, but I have chosen faith. Faith that things will turn out the way the blessing promised.
*With the new hiccup today, I was given an ultrasound and I got to see the baby, and it looked like a baby. And he/she was moving all around almost doing back flips...looking very healthy.
And finally non baby related:
*Figuring out a project all by myself. Well...I did call Klint a few times, but not about measurements or design or anything like that, just for how to use the tools :-) It was almost scary to undertake a home improvement project all by myself and I almost stopped twice. But I persevered! And I think it's going to be great. It's a simple project really, putting up this awesome (so I think) board/batten/bead board in the kids bathroom. But I'm figuring it out all by myself! I can do hard things. I did all the measurements myself and so far (cross your fingers) they are correct. I bought all the materials, had them cut to my specifications and got started this afternoon. I can't do all of it myself (due to the hiccups) but it felt really good to do something.
*it's a calm evening. It's just barely 8:00 and all my kids are sleeping. It's peaceful. I have my window open and am listening to the birds and a few dogs barking in the distance. oh...peace...

2 comments:

CLibby said...

CONGRATS!! On your pregnancy, that is awesome...sorry it has been rough! Love u guys! Oh and by the way you need to explain your "projects" a little more it makes me very curious! LOL

Hobbs Family said...

My projects are so last minute! I'm doing board and batten with a little twist in our kids bathroom. I think it'll look really nice if I can just get it finished :-)