The weather in Texas is beautiful, once you look past the wind :-) It's been in the upper 80s to 90 degrees, and the wind has actually been nice keeping us a little cooler. We had a great weekend, but we missed our family a bit this week, so I thought I would post to let y'all know how we're doing. I feel a little bit more connected with my roots when I do. Kind of odd I know, but alas it's how I feel.
Klint had a wild Friday with a full day of clients! He's such a trooper, when he came home he even played all evening with us :-)
Saturday we went to the Lubbock Arts Festival, and tried some of the best Italian dressing I've ever had. How is salad dressing "art" you might ask? This stuff was. Serious, it was divine. If it wasn't so expensive I would have bought a case of it! C'est la vive, one day huh. The boys loved making bugs and wooden bobsleds (they look more like rocket cars than bobsleds), but the highlight was playing in the fountains at the Civic Center. Kids and water always go together.
Later that evening we got on a whim and tried to push start Klint's Yamha motorcycle. It was quite the sight I'm sure. Lubbock isn't known for it's hills, so Klint sat on the bike pushing it with his feet and I pushed from behind. We nearly got it started, but not really :-) A neighbor took pity on us and let us borrow his battery charger. We will get that bike started!! But as for actually driving it, that may require a bit more work than we're able to do. We'll see.
Miss M is doing wonderfully. She's sleeping a bit more like a normal baby now. She was actually awake most of the afternoon yesterday. We loved every minute of it, and she was ready to perform. She rolled over for the first time! She's becoming so independent. She's always liked to held facing out, so she can see everything, but now she won't even rest against you. She has to be sitting up away from you. She rules our household. Anytime she giggles or laughs the boys come running to watch. I love seeing how much love they have for their baby sister. Matthew loves holding her, and does a fantastic job. Justin can get her to laugh just about every time he tries.
We hope everything is going well for y'all (yep, that's 2 "y'all's" in one post), we think of you often.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment