A couple of quick updates - Tricia and I have both gotten callings in the last couple of months. Tricia has been called to be in the cub scouts, and I have gotten the calling of Scoutmaster for the ward. Me? A master of scouts? Many of you will probably recognize this as one more instance of the Lord humbling me, since many times I have shot my mouth off about how I would take any calling in the church if it didn't involve working with the young men. Well, it seems that we have a pretty good troop, and I'm slowly earning the boys' respect by playing "British Bulldog" with them. British Bulldog is a game where one guy stays in the middle of the field while everyone else runs past him. Everybody he tackles then joins him in the middle of the field and tackles other people until there's only one person left. The boys are slowly accepting me, and the only price I have to pay is hardly being able to walk the next day (I am NOT seventeen anymore).In other news, I just want to again mention how awesome it is to work where I work. Yesterday, the Center director arranged for a massage therapist to come to work and give all the counselors massages. Yup, that's right. Free massages. They also gave us fresh fruit and chocolate while we waited for our massages. Maybe Texas isn't so bad...

1 comment:
Klint, I think you would have to quite possibly be the coolest Scoutmaster ever. I'm sure the boys enjoy you.
Post a Comment