
Emily is doing beautifully!
We had to stay in the hospital an extra day because she had a bowel obstruction, but she was able to work it all out (literally) by herself, she just needed a little bit more time. She left the hospital at a whopping 5 pounds 8.5 ounces, but due to that lovely cream she's been eating she's already back up to her birth weight, which supposedly takes at least two weeks to do .
She is a wonderful baby (but else do new mothers say?). She rarely cries, except for when you change her or she wants to eat. Something we are cherishing right now, fully knowing that could change at any moment. She is still adjusting to nights, but last night she only got up twice, Klint and I can definately handle that. Speaking of Klint, he is just so wonderful. I am so grateful for him. He moved Emily's bassinet over to his side of the bed so he could be the one to get her up, change her diaper and then hand her over to nurse. How did I ever get so lucky?!?
Justin and Matthew seem to be adjusting quite nicely.
Matthew is as sweet as could be with her. Whenever she's up (which still isn't very often) he wants to be giving her gentle kisses, and singing to her in his sweet soft voice. I am amazed. He also loves to tell her super hero stories, which of course keep Klint and I in stitches. I don't think Emily has a chance of not growing up a tom boy--or maybe she'll have all three of the boys (dad included) dressing up for daily tea parties :-) [Kyle-did you like that smiley face, it was just for you!] Matthew also wants to share all his toys with her, but we have to remind him she's still a little to small for them It'll be interesting to see if things change once Klint goes back to work and it's just myself and the three of them.
Justin continues to be an incredible helper. I cannot tell you how many times during the day he asks me if there is anything he can do for me for a service. Where did this kid come from? Yesterday was a difficult day, sleep deprivation catching up to both Klint and I. We told Justin and Matthew that we were kind of having a hard day and to be patient with us. Justin thought for a minute and then replied " Mom, I'll say a prayer for you and it will help it to be better." And you know what? It did.
We're all very excited because Grandma Shanny and Grandpa Stan got here today. The boys are on cloud nine, and it was really neat to see them with Emily for the first time. Definately a downer to living out of state, our family doesn't get to enjoy her as much as we would like. But we want all of you to know that we have a million pictures of you all over the house, and the boys are already fond of telling her stories about our family back in Utah.
Thank you all for all your calls, emails and prayers! I'll get Klint to post next time so it'll be more humorous to read :-)

5 comments:
Oh my heavens! She's absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for posting more pics and details! I'm so glad things are going so well... you're making me baby hungry! ;-) What wonderful boys you have! I'm thinking of you and praying for you!!
Trisha,Klint,Justin and Mathew-We are the blessed ones. Thank you Klint for letting me pick your wife (hahaha). Maybe we can get Kyle to listen to me??? I can pick others better than my own!!
You know she is truly mine, right? Look at that perfect round face!
Justin and Matthew - I miss you so much!! Boopie and Kaidon REALLY MISS YOU!!
I can't believe that hair. It is so beautiful. I'm glad you are doing good. Going from 2 kids to 3 kids is a drastic change, but you do get back on schedule and you do get some sleep (not much). That is too cute about Matthew and Justin, they really love that baby sister. hope to hear from you soon. love you!
Congratulations! Emily is beautiful!!!
Post a Comment