I often wished I was a better writer. More clear, concise and witty. I think that stops me from writing some times. I need to get over it.
Last night I was so proud of Justin. He's a cub scout now. It was pack meeting. He did his first flag ceremony and I could not have been prouder of him. He did so well! He handled the flag beautifully and respectfully. It looked like he had handled the colors many times before, definitely not his first time. Having been a cub master for a few years I saw many young wolves fumble nervously their first time. If Justin was nervous, it didn't show at all. He walked down the isle with confidence and respect. I was so proud of myself that I didn't weep. I was so excited for him. He also earned his Bobcat and pined the mother's pin on me without sticking me once :-)
It was also the pinewood derby. I loved seeing all the cars and everyone's creativity. You could definitely tell the cars the boys worked on with their dads and the cars that were done by their dads. I was very proud that Justin was involved in the WHOLE process. He designed it, Klint cut it out. He painted it and did all the black widow designs himself. I was proud. His car didn't win but he didn't come in last place either. Once again he handled the races with wisdom and dignity (do you often use that word and 8 year old together?) beyond his years. I could see in his eyes he wanted to win, but with each race he cheered on his friends and showed excellent sportsmanship the entire time. I loved it when his car raced against his best friend's car. He actually cheered and slapped his friend on the back when his friend's car won. I love him.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment